The cervical spine is subjected to high loads, which neck muscles are trying to bring to equilibrium the impact of the above sources. This causes a muscle spasm, which is a violation of the transportation of blood throughout the body. In the end, it is noted the formation of anatomical damage.
- A sedentary lifestyle.
- The work associated with prolonged repetitive motions.
- Sport as heavy physical stress.
Osteochondrosis disease of the century and this is the reason, and the rest is rather a consequence of leading to the development of a disease. Manifestations of the disease are diverse, and when you first visit a neurologist to make an accurate diagnosis is not always possible. In any case, after feeling unwell and the first symptoms of sciatica visited the doctor. To make a diagnosis and begin treatment based on the results of the survey. At the early stage of healing, perhaps of any abnormality. Osteochondrosis of the cervical – chronic, slowly progressive disease of the spine that affects and destroyed the vertebrae, intervertebral joints and discs. Affected vertebrae from the first to the seventh, which belong to the cervical spine. As the progression of the disease the intervertebral discs lose their elasticity and strength, flattened, delaminate, deteriorate their damping properties. Such deformation occurs due to changes caused by the malnutrition and exhaustion of the tissues. Data breach – one of the natural aging process, but different overload, incorrect posture, trauma, congenital anomalies of the spine and some other causes provoke early wear of the cartilage and disks. More and more young people choose a sedentary job. The lack of a properly organised and scheduled loads leads to a weakening of the muscles, fixing the spine, reduced metabolism and blood circulation in the intervertebral spaces. In the end, the result of a single physical activity can occur a pinched spinal nerves or formed intervertebral hernia. Deformation of the spine (lordosis, kyphosis, scoliosis) – one of the reasons for the development of osteoarthritis
- excessive physical activity in sports or heavy physical labor;
- genetic predisposition;
- hypothermia of the neck (walking in winter without a scarf);
Some of the above reasons cause osteochondrosis and other spine. Cervical osteochondrosis develops when excessive load on the spine area. The neck muscles are trying to reduce it, which leads to spasm, circulatory problems, and in the end – to degerativnye processes in the spine. This disease is dangerous, as close to the affected area is the spinal artery which nourishes the parts of the brain. Disc displacement, the growth of fibrous tissue is the disruption of blood vessels. For the successful treatment of cervical osteochondrosis is first necessary to establish the cause of the origin, background which provoked its development and eliminate them. Until recently the disease was found only in people aged 45 years. Now she is exposed to young people 18-25 years. The main reasons and preconditions of occurrence of an osteochondrosis of the cervical vertebra are:
- Violation of posture in young or adolescence.
- Overweight, obesity of different degrees. Extra pounds increase the load on the vertebrae and discs, leading to degenerative processes.
- Curvature spine, scoliosis.
- A back injury that may have happened in childhood or adolescence.
- Violation of metabolic processes.
- Work related physical labor that can provoke diseases of the spine in its various departments.
- Sedentary lifestyle, sedentary work, improper execution of any exercise.
- Stress, nervous tension negatively affect the overall condition of the body, can cause cervical degenerative disc disease.
- Infectious diseases are often the root cause.
- Wrong, uncomfortable body position during sleep (e.g., uncomfortable pillow).
- Congenital problem or hereditary diseases.
The main cause of the disease – sedentary lifestyle, which nutrients, how would "stagnate" and not reaching the destination – the spine. However, there are others:
- the lack of physical activity and sport as a result – poorly developed muscular system
- excessive exercise
- Smoking and alcohol abuse
- abusing too fatty and salty foods, "fast" carbohydrates
- generic or other injury
- initially curved posture
- infectious disease with complications on the spine
- natural aging
The main causes of cervical degenerative disc disease – sedentary lifestyle. Pathology of the most vulnerable drivers, office workers, lovers to sit near the screens of the monitor. Due to permanent sedentary and lack of physical activity can:
- occur metabolic disturbances;
- the deposition of salts in the liver, the kidneys, the neck;
- increases the degree of salts in the lymphatic fluid and the bloodstream.
Violation of the vertebrae, provoked due to the lack of nutrients midpotency drives. Also, possible causes of degenerative disc disease of the cervical is unbalanced and wrong nutrition. The most frequent factors in degenerative disc disease of the cervical spine:
- excess weight, hormonal imbalance;
- heavy physical load, heavy for the human body;
- genetic predisposition;
- constant stress, nervous tension;
- damage posture (rheumatism, scoliosis, etc.);
- experienced injury in the neck, spine;
- developmental abnormalities of the divisions of the neck, flat feet;
- age-related changes;
- sports activities.
Many of the above factors constitute the load on the vertebrae of the neck, which appears muscle spasm. As a consequence, manifest circulatory disorders, reduced performance of metabolic processes, and this leads to degenerative disorders. Sometimes, when cervical osteochondrosis the cause of education may be growing disks, which is transmitted to the bone and close to the vertebrae. It often appears during prolonged physical exertion.
Ways of preventing the disease
Low back pain — recurrent degenerative-dystrophic pathology, accompanied by progressive destruction of the intervertebral discs and bone deformations. It is necessary to exclude from their usual lifestyle factors that trigger the deterioration of the trophic cartilage. This low physical activity, overweight, excessive exercise, deficiency in the diet of foods with a high content of minerals and vitamins.
Progressing, osteochondrosis of the cervical vertebrae, passes some stages which are classified different symptoms. Distinguish 4 stages of disease:
- Mainly in the early stage of the disease is seen ulterior flattening of the neck curvature (lordosis). Clinical manifestations are minor, can be observed not severe neck pain, worsened when turning the head, and muscle tension. This stage is treated without medicine, the main thing is to change food, exercise, etc.
- Between the vertebrae appears instability may occur, the offset torsion. The patient has marked more reinforced pain that is transmitted to the shoulders, arms. The height of the disk becomes smaller because of this can be pinched nerves. The patient feels fatigue, headaches, reduced level of working capacity and attention.
- There is a decrease in height of intervertebral discs, narrowing of the holes begins to form a hernia. Neck pain, shoulder increases, muscles weaken, there is a numbness, malaise, dizziness. Diagnosis determines the weak mobility of the neck.
- 4 stage observed the destruction of the discs, they are replaced by connective tissue. This condition affects several areas of the ridge, appearing at various stages of violation. People change coordination, increased pain, dizziness, noise may occur in the ears and so on.
Signs of the disease in the neck is much different from the symptoms of degenerative disc disease in another area of the spine. Since the cervical vertebrae are located next the nerve roots and spinal cord zaselyalsya. This leads to the emergence of such symptoms:
- Pain syndrome localized in the neck, neck, shoulders, arms and legs. At the time of accession in the process of nerve receptors there is the appearance of discomfort in the shoulder area, neck, hands start to rebuild. Due to spasm in the cervical muscles blood circulation.
- Emerging weakness in the upper extremities associated with damage to the functionality of the roots that contribute to the inclusion of motor nerves, rebuilds the muscle tissue in the hands.
- Rebuilt upper extremity due to a decrease in sensitivity in them, violations of the roots, which are located sensitive nerve endings.
- When turning the head painful sensations appear, you can also hear the crunch. This is due to damage in the small joints of the cervical, decrease of the level of the intervertebral discs.
- The patient complains of lack of strength, the appearance of fatigue, dizziness, disorders of coordination. Because of the displacement of elements of the spine is compressed the vertebral artery. Because of this deteriorating blood circulation, which leads to a weakening of the blood supply to the occipital division of the cerebellum.
- The appearance of vision problems, loss of sensitivity in the language.
Symptomatology in cervical degenerative disc disease in women is no different from symptoms in men. Women who have reached 45 years of age and older who are diagnosed with such disease, noted numbness and tingling in the upper extremities during sleep.
Methods of treatment of cervical degenerative disc disease
The main signs of cervical osteochondrosis include:
- pain in the back, neck, arm and shoulder that are aggravated by sneezing, coughing and a minimum load on the hand;
- burning sensation between shoulder blades, tingling in feet or hands, numbness;
- pain and neck cracking that occurs when bending and turning the head;
- fatigue, weakness;
- fainting or dizziness that occurs when sharp turns of the head;
- headaches that usually start at the nape, apply to the temples and the crown.
Other signs of cervical degenerative disc disease include tinnitus, hearing loss, reduced visual acuity. Sometimes the disease makes itself felt drawing pains in the heart. At the first sign of cervical degenerative disc disease need to consult a doctor who will conduct a comprehensive examination, diagnosis. This can be used in diagnostic methods such as MRI, laboratory tests, ultrasound, ECG. And collars Trench - are elastic with plastic or metal inserts, rigid, inflatable. Fixtures vary in height, the degree of fixation, design of fasteners. It all depends on neglect, the characteristic symptoms of pinching radicular nerve and other factors. How to cure cervical osteochondrosis or reduce its appearance with the help of medications:
- Anti-inflammatory drugs non-steroidal type. Drugs relieve swelling, pain, ease the patient's condition.
- Vitamins B osteochondrosis of the cervical. Contribute to the acceleration of metabolic processes in soft tissues.
- Stimulants recovery. Help to restore cartilage tissue, even in the corrupted drive.
- The group of drugs which helps to relieve muscle spasms.
Cervical osteochondrosis treated by conservative methods, and the treatment is always complex. Medical therapy of osteoarthritis are the same for every Department: using drugs of specific pharmacological groups, but the specific drugs of these groups, dosage, duration of reception is selected individually for each patient. X-ray of the cervical after surgical treatment of vertebrae C5–C7 Treatment complement the temporary wearing of a collar of the Trench and its variants. By fixing the cervical vertebrae osteochondrosis of the cervical spine treated faster. This additional orthotic device helps to cope with the pain syndrome and normalizes the blood flow in the vessels of the neck, improves the General condition of the patient.
The severity of symptoms of the cervical osteochondrosis depends on the degree of destruction of structures of the vertebrae. Symptoms can be exacerbated by the overgrowth of bone with formation of osteophytes, radicular syndrome (radicular pain in the pinched nerve), intervertebral hernia (protrusion of disk into the spinal canal). The first signs of the disease – a recurring headache in the neck, pain in neck, crunching and clicking in the vertebrae by rotating the head, sometimes a slight tingling of the shoulders. Over time, the symptoms escalate and the intensity of the pain increases. Difficult show of hands from the affected side, immediately there is a cross in the shoulder or neck. The restriction of head movements because of the pain often occurs in the morning after sleeping in an uncomfortable position. The disease leads to compression of the roots of the peripheral nerves (radicular syndrome) and cause pain in the course of these nerves. Possible numbness of the hands or of fingers, sensitivity of certain skin areas, innervated by the pinched nerve.